Pulpit Rock Autumn Hike
Join in on an autumn hike to Preikestolen, and witness the magic of the season’s shifting colors and post-equinox daylight! Experience Norway’s crisp and cool mountain air while hiking on upgraded trails!
You start this tour by meeting your guide early-morning who will transport you to the base of the hiking trail. After a short briefing, you’ll embark on your journey to Preikestolen.
During the Autumn season, visitor numbers have become dramatically lower than they are during the summer. The area’s flora and fauna prepare for the long, dark winter, and stillness has set in across Norway’s vast wilderness.
Autumn is the perfect time of year to experience the Lysefjord and Preikestolen from a unique perspective. The shadows become longer with every day that passes, and the ambient light seems to dance across the fjord’s mountainsides. Snow, when present, offers a splendid contrast to the flame-colored foliage.
Your guide will lead you up through the shifting terrain and onward to the mountain’s plateau. This late in the year, weather conditions are constantly changing. As needed, you’ll adjust the equipment you use (ice spikes, etc.) in accordance with the changing conditions.
Along the way, there will be opportunities to catch your breath and snap photos of the spectacular nature around you. After 2.5 hours of trekking, you’ll be rewarded with a panoramic view of some of the most dramatic scenery Fjord-Norway has to offer.
Standing atop the 604-meter-high cliff, the views of the Lysefjord and surrounding mountains are nothing short of awe-inspiring. On top of that, you’ll have the privilege of becoming one of the very few to have experienced Preikestolen off-season!
Good to know
- Meeting place: Clarion Hotel Stavanger, see map here. Please be there 10 minutes before your booked time
- Duration: 8 hours, depending on time of year and weather
- Transportation: Approx. 1 hour (each way)
- Hiking: Approx. 5 hours (including breaks)
- Minimum age is 8 years. Children from 8 - 15, adults from 16 years
- The price includes: Transportation, a professional guide, use of hiking poles and other necessary equipment, hot beverages & snack
- Please bring/wear:
- Proper hiking boots and warm, thick socks x 2
- Water-resistant pants and a rain-proof jacket
- Fleece or woollen sweater, warm hat and gloves
- A packed lunch, extra water and snacks
- A small backpack for the items mentioned above
The distance of this tour is 8 kilometers with an ascent of 500 meters and this hiking trip is suitable for people who are generally in good physical condition and have some previous hiking experience. Please do not book this tour if it exceeds your skill-level or physical abilities.
Due to the possibility of rapidly-changing weather conditions, it may be necessary to make changes to scheduled trips. In the event that your trip needs to be rescheduled for another day or cancelled on short notice, you may choose between joining the rescheduled trip or getting a refund. In the event that weather conditions deteriorate during your trip, it may be necessary to turn around on the trail or head back earlier than planned. If this happens, no refunds will be given.
Have a nice Autumn hike to the Pulpit Rock!