Trolltunga & The Sky Ladder
Enjoy a guided tour and a day filled with activities. The tour combines mountain biking and hiking, as well as climbing the Via Ferrata route " the sky ladder" to the famous Trolltunga.
The trip starts by the Ringedal dam. First you bicycle seven kilometres along the lake to Tyssebotn. Then follows a hike along the dried out river Tysso up to Tyssestrengene. The remaning 200 height meters up to the mountain plateau you will climb the new Via Ferrata "The sky ladder". Upon arrival at the mountain plateau you are just a couple of hundred meters away from Trolltunga.
Hiking and climbing to the spectacular Trolltunga
This is a hike filled with impressive attractions. The Ringedal lake, the Ringedal dam, Tyssebotn, Tyssestrengene, Himmelstigen, the giant marmites at the top of Tyssestrengene, before you end up by spectacular Trolltunga. On the trip you will also pass several spots directly linked to the Norwegian industrial history and get to hear interesting stories about this and other themes.
This is a full day trip that takes approx. 8 to 12 hours. You need to bring your own food for a whole day, good clothes and hiking boots.
- Meeting point at the tourist information in Skjeggedal, departure/arrival 09:00-17:00 (Click here to see map)
- Sunscreen, water and food to keep you going! You will be able to refill the water bottle half way there
- Don't forget your camera - the views are amazing!
- Comfortable outdoor shoes (sturdy hiking boots)
- Please dress in comfortable clothing suitable to the outdoors and weather conditions on the day. It is advisable to dress in layers as even on the coldest days it can get very warm once you get going
- An experienced guide will be with you, climbing equipment and bike hire is included
- This is an advanced tour with mountain biking, steep hiking and climbing, but there is no need for climbing experience. You will be able to go on this tour if you are in normal good shape and over 16 years of age
Combine this activity with the Hardangerfjord in a nutshell & Rosendal tour!