Doktortjønna - Activity park for children
- Museums and Attractions
- Family Friendly Activities
The Rørosmuseet Doktortjønna, is located a 5 minute walk from the town centre in Røros. It is perfect for families with children, and the area has been designed for learning by doing and offers many different activities.
Here you can visit the farm animals, try your hand at floating logs in the model timber chute, ride the wooden logging raft, fish, row, paddle canoes, take a trip on the Elias boat, play on the swings and climbing apparatuses, or follow the nature trail up to the Kvitsanda protected landscape area or around the lake.
Every day at 13.00 you can join in activities led by our hosts, like insect hunting or birdhouse building. Please note that this is an activity park for children, while adults enter for free.
Good to know
- Meeting place: Doktortjønna, see map here
- Opening hours every day of the season from 11.00 – 16.30
- Life jackets can be borrowed for boating activities
- This is an outdoor activity park, so dress accordingly
Enjoy the activities at Doktortjønna!