Hardanger Folk Museum
- Museums and Attractions
The Hardanger folkemuseum at Utne was founded in 1911 and is a museum for the whole of the Hardanger district. It is one of the oldest museums of its kind in the West of Norway.
About The Hardanger Folk Museum
- Permanent exhibitions of Hardanger embroidery and traditional costumes
- Permanent folk music exhibition with the country’s largest collection of old Hardanger fiddles
- Varying art and historic exhibitions
- It is an apen air museum with historic buildings
- It has a sales displays, museum shop and café
- Baking demonstration and handicraft activities every Tuesday in July between 12:00 -15:00
- Children under 15 years enter for free
Hardanger Folk Museum also arranges Hardanger Embroidery lessons and courses. Tailormade lessons and courses are available for groups and individuals all year on request. Let our skilled instuctors show you the secrets and techniques of this beautiful embroidery.