- Museums and Attractions
Røros Museum was authorized as a World Heritage Visitor Centre in 2017. The Røros region has a rich history, culture and nature which you can explore at Røros Museum’s visitor centers.
The Røros Museum’s main building, Smelthytta, is built on the ruins of Røros Copper Work’s last smelter, which burned in 1975. Here are exhibitions related to Røros Copper Works’ history and “In Their Finery”, exploring 19th century clothing from Røros.
The museum also shows contemporary art exhibitions and exhibitions related to the region’s history.
In the summer of 2020 paintings by Håkon Gullvåg will also be shown in the exhibition Holy Earth.
Good to know
- We encourage the audience to use the mobile to listen to our audio guide available in Norwegian, English, French, German and Southern Sami
- We encourage you to bring your own headphones
- There is a nice museum shop and café
- Opening hours: 10-18, 13.June -15.August
- Adults from 16 years. Accompanying children free of charge
Enjoy your visit to the Røros Museum!