Viking House in Stavanger
- Museums and Attractions
Viking House is a world class visitors center located in the heart of Stavanger City. This is a groundbreaking concept that recreates the exciting world of the Vikings from this region.
Climb on board our Viking ship and join the adventure as we travel back in time and experience, with the use of VR-technology and video imagery, the magical world of The Vikings. Hear and experience the great sagas about "Harald Fairhair", Norway's first king and the famous battle of Hafrsfjord in 872 where Norway became united into one kingdom. Explore this exciting history and heritage in a new and immersive way.
In our visitors center you admire the portal into the VR experience which is hand carved in beautiful traditional pattern from the Viking age, meet our own Vikings dressed in traditional clothing and have a look at our Viking related products we sell in the shop.
What is VR?
Virtual Reality is an interactive experience that takes place within a computer-generated reality. When using the VR-headset you see 360 degrees around you and it feels as though you are face to face with the Vikings. This gives you the opportunity to experience history in a different way than the traditional storytelling.
Good to know
- Meeting place: Start is Viking House on Strandkaien 44, in the city centre of Stavanger, see map HERE
- Duration: Approx 20 minutes in total. Movie itself is 15 minutes
- Included: The VR -experience
- Minimum age: 13 years old, however if you sign a waiver in the reception upon arrival there is no age limit
- If you struggle with motion sickness/vertigo we do not recommend this experience
- Food is forbidden in the Viking House
Welcome to the Viking House in Stavanger!