Local Food Safari in Røros
- Food & Drink
Experience a unique local culinary experience when they visit the 'local food capital' of Norway! On this local food safari in Røros, specially trained guides will lead you through the narrow and historical streets of Røros.
What did the miners eat during their workday compared to the upper class? In what way has the Sami culture affected trade and what they ate? Your guide will answer these questions and more by creating a historical frame for this exciting local food safari!
Your guide will lead you through Røros' history up to the present, where Røros is known as one of the premier regions for local food in Norway. The products of the region are grown locally and slowly in a cool climate with long, bright summer nights. This creates flavors that are unique and a diversity that is truly impressive.
The tour will end at Kaffestuggu, a historic eatery with long-standing traditions. A taste platter with a combination of innovative and traditional products will create the perfect ending to the safari. Participants can naturally buy a larger selection of beverages, in addition to the non-alcoholic option included in the price, on their last stop of the safari.
- Meeting point: Røros Tourist Information, Peder Hjortsgate 2. See map HERE
- Duration: 1 hour, 30 min.
- Children from 2-11 years, adults from 12 years
- The price includes: An experienced guide who will give you a historical insight into the food culture of one of Norway’s premier food destinations, various tastes of local food, a tasting platter with both traditional and modern dishes from the area
- Dress according to the weather forecast and wear sensible footwear as you will be walking on gravel roads. High heels are not recommended
Welcome to a unique and historical culinary experience!