Take the Loen Skylift - from fjord to the sky in 5 minutes! This spectacular new cable car takes you from the fjord to the top of Mt. Hoven in a matter of minutes.
With its dramatic and spectacular scenery, Loen has been a magnet for tourists for more than a century. Now visitors can see this amazing fjord landscape from above!
At the top of Mt. Hoven, 1011 meters above sea level, you can enjoy great panoramic views of the fjord landscape, the mountains and the Jostedalsbreen National Park.
At Mt. Hoven you can relax in the Hoven Restaurant, which serves a la carte and a light bar menu. Or you can explore the mountains on one of the several marked hiking trails. The hiking trails are varied and several of the trails are suitable for all experience- and condition levels.
Good to know
- Meeting Place: Loen Skylift, fjord station. Loen Skylift is located right next to Hotel Alexandra
- The cabins runs continuously throughout the day and you can use your ticket any time you prefer
- Each cabin takes 40-45 persons. Capacity depends on what is being transported with the group (strollers, wheel chairs, bikes etc.)
- No minimum age, for child ticket age range is 6-15
- The Skylift can transport around 470 persons per hour
- There is no fixed timetable, the cabins run continuously
- Loen Skylift and all connecting buildings are made in universal design - accessible to disabled persons
- The Hoven Restaurant is located right at the edge of the mountain, 1011 meters above sea level. This spectacular restaurant has seating for 350 people, outdoor decks and a roof terrace
- Public toilets available in all buildings connected to Loen Skylift
Enjoy your trip from fjord to sky!