Take the Loen Skylift - from fjord to the sky in 5 minutes! This spectacular new cable car takes you from the fjord to the top of Mt. Hoven in a matter of minutes.
With its dramatic and spectacular scenery, Loen has been a magnet for tourists for more than a century. Now it´s your turn to see this amazing fjord landscape from above! At the top of Mt. Hoven, 1011 meters above sea level, you can enjoy great panoramic views of the fjord landscape, the mountains, and the Jostedalsbreen National Park.
The gondola is centrally located next to Hotel Alexandra in Loen and easily accessible from the center. Each carriage can accommodate 35-40 people and runs continuously throughout the day. On the exciting trip up you get a panoramic view of Loen, the Nord Fjord, and the surrounding mountains.
At Mt. Hoven, you can relax in the Hoven Restaurant, which is located right at the edge of the mountain. This spectacular restaurant has seating for 350 people, outdoor decks, and a roof terrace.
If you wish to see more of the landscape, you can explore the mountains on one of the several marked hiking trails. The hiking trails are varied and several of the trails are suitable for all experience- and condition levels.
- Meeting Place: Loen Skylift, fjord station. Loen Skylift is located right next to Hotel Alexandra, see map HERE
- The ticket must be exchanged for a valid lift pass in the Loen Active store
- Shops available both at fjord level and at Mt. Hoven
- Public toilets available in all buildings connected to Loen Skylift
- Loen Skylift and all connecting buildings are made in universal design - accessible to disabled persons
- No minimum age, for child ticket age range is 6-15
Enjoy your trip from fjord to sky!