Northern lights chase in Tromsø
- Sightseeing and Guided Tours
Chase the Northern Lights in Tromsø and if weather permits, finish the evening with roasted marshmallows around the bonfire!
On this tour we will pick you up in Tromsø and take you by bus on a chase for the magical Northern lights. With good local knowledge we will search out the best areas for the northern lights and excellent scenery for taking pictures.
To find a clear sky we will drive where we have to - even to inner Troms if needed! During the evening your guide will provide you with interesting information about the Northern lights, both the science and the folklore.
We will also show you how to adjust your camera settings for pictures of the northern lights, and we will take pictures of you with the lights for you to take home to show your family and friends. The pictures will be available in original size for free download from our Flickr account.
If weather permits we may also visit our lavvu (our modern Sami shelter) and sit around the nice warm bonfire, and roast marshmallows (If we are within reasonable driving distance from our base camp).
Good to know
- Meeting Place: Scandic Ishavshotel 10 min before departure
- Duration: 6 hours
- Minimum age: 5 years
- Wear warm shoes and clothes - we provide with overall
- Included: Transportation, an English speaking guide, coffee, tea, cake, marshmallows, tripod
- Access to your electronic picture, posted on Flickr
- Note: At times the weather is so bad that it will be difficult to see the Northern Lights. In these cases we recommend changing the day for your trip, we will of course contact you before the trip starts. If a trip is cancelled due to the weather and you do not have the opportunity to go on another day, you will get the money refunded.
Enjoy the chase!