Voss Gondol is the largest and most modern mountain gondola in Northern-Europe. A trip with the gondola gives you some amazing views and on Hangurstoppen you can parttake in a wide selection of exciting activities!
Starting at Voss Station and ending at Hangurstoppen (820 metres above sea level), the new Voss Gondol will have 9 cabins with a capacity of 1069 passengers per hour. Voss Gondola will be replacing the old Hangursbanen cable car (Dinglo and Danglo), which has been out of service since 2015.
The new gondola rail in Voss is very stable, compared to gondolas that usually hang on a cable. The track has a free span of a whopping 900 meters from the lower station to the first mast!
At the top station there are areas for recreation and activities. During summer there is a myriad of adventures to be had. You can go hiking (both short and long hikes), biking or even paragliding. In winter, the ski resort is in focus, and you will get access to the many slopes right from the top station.
Facts about Voss Gondol
- Open daily all year, the gondola runs continuously throughout the day
- Lower station: 56 meters above sea level, top station: 820 meters above sea level
- Length: 2000 meters, capacity: 1069 passengers per hour
- Number of cabins: 9, capacity per cabin: 34 passengers
- One way trip: 6,48 minutes
- Restaurant capacity: 450 guests
Enjoy your trip to the heights!