Snowmobile Safari in Tromsø
Join in on a Snowmobile safari in Tromsø through remote inland valleys and mountains. If time and weather permits it, you can perhaps even try out some ice fishing on a frozen lake!
On this snowmobile safari you will enjoy some amazing scenery. You will be transported by bus to the remote inland valleys and mountains near Tromsø. An expert guide will then take you through a trail a distance of 15 km each way, 30 km in total.
The starting point is at 250 m above sea level, and the guide brings you up to 875 m. You will be driving in pairs, one driver and one passenger on each snowmobile, with opportunity to switch places during the trip. Due to the dramatic topography, a reduced speed is held during parts of the tour.
If time and weather permit, you can even try out ice fishing on a frozen lake!
- Meeting point outside the Scandic Ishavshotel by the Harbour, Tromsø town centre
- Duration: 7 hours, including transport to/from starting point, safety instructions, clothing- and equipment information and a hot meal served in a lavvu in the camp. Approx. 2.5 hours on the snowmobile safari incl. stops during the ride
- Transportation by bus/minibus
- You will be equipped with a insulated body suit, boots, gloves, headwear, and head lamp (on evening trips)
- English-speaking guide
- Please notice that warm under garments (wool or fleece) is recommended
- Driver must be over 18 and have a valid drivers license
- The trip is suitable for everyone with normal physical conditions, children from age 7
- Please note: The snowmobile company may have their own terms and conditions which you must agree to before starting the tour
Go on the snowmobile safari during the Northern Lights & Norway in a nutshell® tour!
Have a nice trip!