4 hours kayaking trip in Flåm
This 4-hours kayak trip from Flåm includes a historical walk at Fronneset. On the trip you paddle along the Aurlandsfjord and if you're lucky, you might even spot some seals or otters on the way!
This kayaking tour in Flåm is an ideal way to take in the magnificent fjord landscape and learn about the history of the Flåm area. The trip starts from Flåm and we paddle in the scenic Aurlandsfjord area with waterfalls and steep mountains. At Fronneset, a place of historical importance during the Viking Age, we will have a break on land.
The hiking trip at Fronneset follows a winding path along a wild river, passing amazing waterfalls and bubbling lagoons. It's also possible to go swimming in the lagoon. The guide will tell you about the distinctive nature and the local history in this area. It is about 1 hour paddeling out to Fronnes from Flåm and you spend about 1,5 hours on land. The hike is approximately 20 minutes and not difficult. This trip suits everyone, no kayaking experience needed.
- Meeting point at Flåm beach, a three-minute walk from the train station, dep./arr. 10-14, 15-19
- An experienced guide will be with you during the trip
- Kayak rental, paddle, sprayskirt, safety jacket, pump and paddlefloat is included
- Wear outdoor clothing suitable for the weather
- For the hike it is recommended to wear sneakers or similar non-slippery shoes. Flip-flop, sandals or high heels are not recommended
- Bring your camera! Shoes and cameras can be kept in a separate dry-bag during the trip
- Lunch is not provided so bring a snack and something to drink
- Paddle windproof jacket + paddle shoes can be rented