Kayaking trip in Flåm - 4 hours
- Water Adventures
- Fjord Adventures
- Family Fun
This 4-hour kayak trip in Flåm is a great way to experience the beautiful Aurlandsfjord. The includes a historical walk at Fronneset, where you can explore old Viking ruins, take a dip in a hot spring and enjoy the beautiful scenery!
This kayaking tour is an ideal way to take in the magnificent fjord landscape and learn about the history of the Flåm area. During the tour, you paddle along the Aurlandsfjord and if you're lucky, you might even spot some seals or otters playing in the fjord!
The trip starts from Flåm beach, where you meet your guide who introduces you to your kayak and goes through a short safety briefing. Once everybody is comfortable and feels ready to start, you push off from the beach and start your trip. You will paddle in the scenic Aurlandsfjord area with waterfalls and steep mountains on both sides. When you reach Fronneset, a place of historical importance during the Viking Age, you park your kayak at the shore and have a break on land.
The short hiking trip at Fronneset follows a winding path along a wild river, passing amazing waterfalls and bubbling lagoons. It's also possible to go swimming in the lagoon, and bring your swimwear and a towel! The guide will tell you about the distinctive nature and the local history in this area.
It is about 1-hour paddeling out to Fronnes from Flåm and you spend about 1,5 hours on land. The hike is approximately 20 minutes and not difficult. This trip suits everyone and no kayaking experience is needed!
- Meeting point at Flåm beach, a three-minute walk from the train station, see map HERE
- An experienced guide will be with you during the trip, and all equipment is included
- Wear outdoor clothing suitable for the weather
- Swimming is not a requirement, you will be provided with safety outfit
- The kayaks used on the trip are stable double kayaks
- For the hike it is recommended to wear sneakers or similar non-slippery shoes. Flip-flop, sandals or high heels are not recommended
- Shoes and cameras can be kept in a separate dry-bag during the trip
- Lunch is not provided so bring a snack and something to drink
Have a great trip!