Historical Kayaking on the Hardangerfjord
Start from Odda and join in on a historical kayaking trip on the Hardangerfjord. The Hardangerfjord is filled with living cultural heritage, surrounded by an impressive fjordlandscape. The attractions here have tempted and impressed tourists for centuries!
Your dedicated guide will meet you at the touristinfo in the center of Odda, where participants will be fitted with a kayak, paddle, sprayskirt, wetsuit and a life jacket.
Upon departure you will be given a safety briefing and instruction before we set out in to the fjord. We head out from the city of Odda, a modern town which grew up around tourism, hydro power production and the melting industry in the early twentieth century. We kayak the 6 km towards the hydro power plant “Cathedral” Tysso I in Tyssedal.
The construction of the power plant Tysso I started in 1906 when mountain water was dammed and waterfalls put into pipes. This was the groundwork for waterpower production, and started the industrialization of Norway.
Your experienced guide will adjust the route to the participants on the trip. Your guide will also weave historical and cultural highlights into the trip, creating an experience not soon forgotten!
Good to know
- Meeting point: At the Odda Tourist info in the center of Odda, see map HERE
- Duration: 4 - 5 hours
- Age limit: 15 years
- The tour includes kayak, paddle, sprayskirt, wetsuit and a life jacket, guide & local snacks
- Wear practical outdoor clothes and shoes. Bring sunglasses, sunscreen, water and a lunch for 4-5 hours
- If cold weather, bring extra clothes such as beanie, woll underwear etc.
- All participants must be able to swim and weigh no more than 125 kg (275 lbs)
- There will be high-quality commentary guiding
At 21:00 the day before your tour, it will be held an information meeting at the Trolltunga Hotel in Odda. Your guide will inform about the trip, equipment needed, weather forecast and more.
Have a nice trip!