Kayaking day tour on the Nærøyfjord from Gudvangen
Join in on a full day of kayaking in Gudvangen and explore the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage Park! On this tour you will experience places only accessible by kayaks! The tour starts from the Kayak Center in Gudvangen and departs most days of the summer from early May to mid September.
Explore the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage Park - we take you to places only accessible by kayaks. Your guide will ensure that you have an unforgettable time!
This trip is designed to show you most of the UNESCO World Heritage Park as we explore the historic area of the Nærøyfjord, which for centuries has been playing an important role linking together western and central Norway.
At our base we introduce you to your guide and other members of the day's group. We ensure that you are properly equipped with your personal paddling gear for the day and then we're off.
Instruction in paddling, group safety and environmental care will be given along the way. All clients receive comprehensive personal instruction and briefing. We will paddle to areas only accessible to sea kayaks or boats as there are no roads going further once we reach Bakka.
We visit waterfalls, pass small settlements and local farms, as we pass through the narrow fjord that is only a few hundred metres wide at places. We are likely to spot seals, they are seen on most tours from a distance and sometimes do come by for a closer look.
During the trip we will also break for a delicious barbecue lunch. During the break you can relax, explore, go swimming or take some photos. Note that we can cater for most tastes and vegetarians are welcome. Special dietary needs need to be advised in advance. Our meals are fresh, generous and varied.
Good to know
- Meeting place: The Sea Kayaking center in Gudvangen at 10:00, see map HERE
- If you want transport from Voss, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The meeting time if meeting in Voss is 9:00 - 9:15 am at the Floating Pier on the lakefront just below the Mini golf lakeside café beside Park Hotel. Please look for Nordic Ventures white and blue branded vehicles
- Duration: 8 hours
- We paddle approx. 14-16 km with breaks along the way. This is approx. 3.5-4.5 hours of paddling depending on the day, the group and the weather
- Age: Children: From 10 years, if accompanied by an adult. Adults: From 16 years
- Included: Instruction, high quality equipment, drinks and food. A guide will be with you on the tour
- Please bring: A sun cap or beanie hat, a water bottle, a warm top or fleece jacket on cold days (paddle jacket provided), shorts or long underwear (wetsuit provided when needed), camera (we supply waterproof storage boxes for use on the kayak), warm gloves during the colder parts of the season
- You can safely store your belongings at our base in Gudvangen while you are out on the tour
Have a nice trip!