Round trip to Godøy & Alnes Lighthouse
- Sightseeing and Guided Tours
This trip takes you to Alnes, where you can enjoy the magnificent sea landscape which is as beautiful on a sunny summer day as in the winter storm.
You may visit the Alnes lighthouse, which is still in operation. The tower features a permanent exhibition of watercolor works and sketches by the famous local artist Ørnulf Opdahl.
In the summer period, you may visit the original lighthouse keeper’s house. Here you will find an exhibition about the history of the lighthouse, a summer café, and temporary art exhibitions.
The new Alnes Cultural Center features a café that is open all year round where you can buy homemade cakes and traditional food from the area. There is also an art gallery. In the café, there is a permanent exhibition made by the Norwegian Coastal Administration illustrating the current activity at Alnes Lighthouse. See www.alnesfyr.no for opening times and information.
Good to know
- Meeting point: Ålesund bus terminal, track 5, see map HERE
- Duration: From 3 hrs, 35 min ( depending on departure- and return time)
- Age: Children 4-15, adults from 16 years
- Child safety seat cannot be guaranteed
- Advisable to bring food and drinks. Open café at Alnes Lighthouse
- Dress according to the weather and wear good shoes
Have a nice trip!