Round trip to Molde & Atlantic Road from Ålesund
- Sightseeing and Guided Tours
This trip takes you from Ålesund via Molde to what is often described as the world’s most beautiful road!
With its location at the edge of the mighty ocean, the Atlantic Road is as beautiful in sunshine and calm weather as in full storm and rain.
The Atlantic Road connects Averøy with the mainland via a series of small islands and islets spanned by a total of eight bridges over 8274 meters. The road is a national tourist route.
On this round trip, the bus stops at Eldhusøya, where you can take a walk on the suspended walkway around the islet. The walkway consists of latticework (“grids”) “floating” above the terrain and is suitable for or anyone.
The service building at Eldhusøya, with its distinct architecture that falls into the terrain, has a café and toilets. The area also offers a magnificent landscape, a rich birdlife, and great fishing opportunities.
On your way back to Ålesund you have some time in Molde to walk around this charming town between the fjord and the hills. Molde offers a magnificent view of the fjord and the mountains on the other side and has a multitude of shops, cafés, etc.
Good to know
- Meeting point: Ålesund bus terminal, track 4, see map HERE
- Duration: 9-10 hrs
- Age: Children 4-15, adults from 16 years
- Child safety seat cannot be guaranteed
- Possible to buy food in Molde, on the ferry and during high season at the Atlanic Road
- Dress according to the weather and wear good shoes
Have a nice trip!