Ulriken Panorama Tour
- Family Friendly Activities
- Sightseeing and Guided Tours
The Ulriken Panorama Tour lets you experience Bergen and and the city's surrounding mountains, fjords and highland nature in an easy and accessible way!
On the Ulriken Panorama Tour you take a bus from the city centre to the Ulriken Cable Car. From here you take the cable car up to the top of Mount Ulriken, Bergen's highest mountain, 643 meter!
The Ulriken Express will in just ten minutes transport you from the city center to the lower station of the Ulriken Cable Car. The cable car ride is a seven minute unique experience, which will bring you comfortably to Mount Ulriken, the very "top of Bergen"!
Here you can enjoy the true Norwegian nature experience, while comfortably enjoying the view of Bergen, as well as the surrounding fjords and mountains.
During the period 01.feb - 30.apr Ulriken Expressbuss does not run, so you have to get to the Ulriksbanen on your own, either by public transport or with your own car.
From Bergen city center to Ulriksbanen there are good alternatives by bus. You can use line "2 Birkelundstoppen" or "3 Sletten" from Småstrandgaten M (outside Xhibition) to get off at bus stop "Haukeland hospital north" (alternatively you can get off at the stop before, called Ulriksdal). These buses run mostly at a 10 minute frequency, leaving approx. every 5 minutes through much of the day.
From the Bergen bus station you can use line "12 Lægdene-Montana" or line "21 Lagoon terminal". Both depart from platform J.
There is parking at the lower station, though with very limited space. There are parking facilities at Montana Hostels also nearby as well as public parking.
Otherwise, we urge you to show special parking considerations in the area.
At the top of Ulriken you can:
- Enjoy a meal at SkySkraperen Panorama Restaurant
- Be adventurous and try Norway's fastest Zipline
- Visit the mountain shop or go on a hiking on the mountain
- Or just enjoy a cup of coffee, take in the clean air of Bergen and enjoy the excellent view
Good to know
- Meeting point: The Ulriken Express bus stop at Strandgaten 1, in the city centre of Bergen. See map HERE.
- Departures from the city centre every half hour between 09.00 and 18.00
- The price includes: Ulriken Express bus ticket from city center and back, Ulriken Cable car return ticket
- Duration: About 1 hour, but flexible. The ticket to the Ulriken Cable Car is open and you can stay at Ulriken for a longer period of time if you prefer. Check the timetables or ask staff for return rides from Ulriken
- Departures every 7 minutes, you can use your ticket any time during the day
- It can be windy or raining at the top of the mountain, so dress accordingly
- There are many great photo opportunities from the "top of Bergen", so be sure to bring your camera!
- Note!During winter season bus return ticket from/to City centre is not included. You have to get to the Ulriken Cabel Car on you own
Have a nice trip!