Kayaking in Flåm - 3 hours
Spending a few hours in Flåm? Join in on an exciting three-hour sea kayak adventure and along the beautiful Aurlandsfjord! If you're extra lucky, you might even spot some seals, otters, or porpoises playing in the fjord!
The Aurlandsfjord is one of our most beautiful fjords. Sure, it's nice from land, but sitting in a kayak on the fjord itself is an even more awesome experience!
This trip starts from the beach in Flåm where you meet your guide and get an introduction to kayaking. It is important that you feel safe and comfortable during the tour, therefor experienced guides will take good care of you before you push out from the beach.
Once the trip is underway you paddle past Otternes Bygdetun with its old buildings and rich history, before continuing out towards Fronnes. Here you can see ancient Viking age gravemounds and remains!
The trip is just long enough to give you a real feel of the peaceful fjord landscape and your guide will supply you with information about the history of the area. This trip is suitable for everyone and no previous kayaking experience is needed. Children from 6 years can join in!
- Meeting point: Flåm beach, a three-minute walk from the train station, see map HERE
- Please wear practical outdoor type of clothes
- Kayak rental, paddle, sprayskirt, jacket, pump and paddle float and safety jacket is included
- The kayaks used on the trip are stable double kayaks
- The trip is suitable for everyone, children from age 6
- Lunch is not provided so bring a snack and something to drink
Have a good trip!